Today we’re guiding you through manual firmware update on any Dahua network camera, and it literally won’t take you more than 5 minutes. You’re on the Pipl Systems Store.
There are 3 ways to update a firmware for a Dahua camera:
- Camera’s web interface;
- Dahua’s Config Tool;
- Smart PSS software;
There is also a flash drive option but we won’t do that, instead, firstly we will go through the most common and universal option, assuming no any software downloads – the web interface.
• Note that the following part is identical for all 3 options that we go through today. To locate device name and download the firmware file itself, and further in the material I will be referring to this part.
• First of all locate your camera’s marking, which is “IPC-HFW2230SP-S-S2” for me. You can find it on camera’s box, on the informational plate somewhere on the camera body, and you can also locate your camera’s marking in a software way – via Dahua’s ConfigTool or SmartPSS if you have access to either.
• Then we go to Dahua website where you locate search button, or you can also scroll down to find download center link, but there’s actually no need for it. Type in your camera’s marking, I am pasting mine in the field and search. And note that it may be a different website layout for your country, but the idea is the same – search button. Then a list with search results will appear and here’s the cam I was looking for. Pressing it, aaaand… I’m redirected to product card. I scroll down to find download button, locating Firmware and here I can see a one and only firmware file that I can download by pressing this button. Now I got to agree with license, select my country and type in my email-address and press submit. The download begun… Once it is downloaded…. I open the folder and unzip the archive, from which I’ve got a folder with a lot of files in it, but I need a single one – this “BIN” type file, weighting 25 megabytes. It may be other data in archive for you, but you need to locate a similar file.
Upgrading Via Web Interface
Then, for a purpose of updating camera’s firmware go to camera’s web interface via Browser, common browsers won’t conflict with Dahua’s web interface either. Type in camera’s IP-address, enter, and on the page we input your user’s data – Admin and password. Log in and right away go to the settings tab. Then system → upgrade, and here in the file upgrade field we select a firmware file – press browse and locate that 25 mb. bin-type firmware file, OK, and now the most crucial step – press upgrade and confirm. Now you will see progress bar and after that your camera will reboot and appear with online status, meaning upgrade is completed and you can continue using your camera, but running a new firmware.
Upgrading Via ConfigTool
• Option Number 2 allows us to update camera’s firmware via a software named ConfigTool, that is completely free and can be downloaded from a Dahua website. From a previous part we have got our camera’s name and we have also downloaded an archive with firmware file, so we skip it here and go to the firmware update process itself.
• First of all – get that ConfigTool tool from a link in the description and then install it like a common program. Once you are there in the program, you will see all your devices in the list, but we need to go to the firmware update tab, which is item number six in the left column. Now we locate our camera and press browse.
Now you will see progress bar and after that your camera will reboot and appear with online status, meaning upgrade is completed and you can continue using your camera, but running a new firmware.
Upgrading Via SmartPSS
Option Number 3 requires us to download a free Dahua SmartPSS software, the link is in the description. Again, from the first part of the material we have got our camera’s camera’s name and we have also downloaded an archive with firmware file, so we skip it here and go to the firmware update process itself, which is not different from ConfigTool.
If you purchased a camera from us – we can help you update your firmware, just contact our technical support on the Pipl Systems website, and we can also help you select your perfect security camera:)